REXUS Horizon 2020 Project:
Managing Resilient Nexus Systems Through Participatory Systems Dynamics Modelling
Nexus Thinking to Nexus Doing
The Horizon 2020 Rexus Project is developing and validating knowledge and tools to facilitate the transition from WEFE NEXUS theory to practice, taking into account climate impacts.
Water, Energy, Food sectors are deeply interconnected. But they are often managed separately, endangering sustainability as policies pull in conflicting directions. REXUS is developing a new blueprint for climate-resilient, participatory Water-Energy-Food Nexus solutions, closing the gap between science and policy through an innovative integrated approach applied in 5 pilot sites across Europe and Latin America.
Rexus is helping the shift from Nexus Thinking to Nexus Doing, by:
- Participatory Scenario planning
- Participatory System Dynamics Modelling
- Models to support SDG delivery – Coupled resource flow management
- Participatory climate risk assessment
- Water, Energy, Land accounting and footprints
- Policy and Governance Analysis
- Nature-based solutions